AFS Interculture South Africa offers the unique chance to spend ten months on the best cultural experience of your life! You will be living with a carefully selected host family and going to a local high school. Our host families live in all corners of America, mostly in small towns or villages and they look forward to opening their hearts and homes to welcome you.
Apply now and be one of the exchange students!
Programme : Year Programme to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Duration : 10 Months
Date : August 2019 – June 2020
Costs : Full Scholarship Sponsored by the Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Programme and the Department of State.
Application closing date: 13 August 2018
You are eligible if:
- You are a South Africa resident.
- You were born between 01/01/2002 and 01/08/2004.
- You are enrolled in a secondary school at time of application.
- Have the equivalent of a B average (70%) or better for the past three years, with no subject mark below 50% for 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- You are able to produce all school reports from January 2016 until June 2018.
- Have not yet completed more than 11 years of primary education nor received a high school matric certificate.
- You must be able to speak and understand English.
- You are able to complete the preliminary application and send it to AFS at the email below.
- You have a valid passport and unabridged birth certificate, or are able to apply for one.
- You must be open-minded, flexible and independent.
- You must be able to attend a selection day in Johannesburg, Pietermaritzburg or Cape Town at your own expense, and if short listed, again for a language test and further selection procedures.
- Shortlisted students will need to produce their vaccination card and pay for further immunisations as required.
DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TRAVEL, SEE A DIFFERENT CULTURE AND LEARN AT THE SAME TIME!
You can download an application form here KL YES Pre-Application 2019 – 2020.
And the School Recommendation Form here School Recommendation Form.
Or contact the AFS National Office at 011 431 0113
For information about the exchange experience, please take a look at some of the Student Stories here.
If you would like to share information about this fantastic opportunity, there are a number of downloadable documents that you can print and share with your friends!