Become a global citizen and make an impact in the world
Sawa Sawa seeks to challenge today’s youth to develop their skills and to become changemakers in their respective communities. The programme was initiated by the five member partners of AFS in Africa (AiA), namely Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa and Tunisia. The programme is also aimed at giving volunteers and staff across the AFS network an opportunity to experience AFS organisations in Africa.
Participants will visit some community project organisations, plan a project that they will implement in their home countries, visit historic places and have LOTS of FUN!
Content of the programme:
- 2 Orientations, Welcome and End of Stay
- Changemaking workshops
- Field trips to Community Service Projects
- Cultural visits
- Chapter meeting with local volunteers
Venue: Aswan, Egypt
- Age 18+
- The ability to participate fully in a programme conducted entirely in English
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to support AFS through volunteering upon their return
- An interest in changemaking
- We are seeking applicants who are: Open minded, flexible and adaptable, responsible, self-motivated, and socially active. Willing to accept and work with others in diverse communities.
Arrival: 01 September 2018
Departure: 11 September 2018
Click here to download the Sawa Sawa Participant Application Form September 2018
How to Apply: The application is meant to allow the selection committee to know you and your motivations for applying to the Sawa Sawa Programme. For your application to be considered, you must include all necessary information, but also feel free to be creative with your answers.
Kindly email your form to [email protected] (Subject: Sawa Sawa Egypt)
Application deadline: 31 July 2018
Programme Cost: R8,500.00 Selected candidates will be responsible for their visa, personal expenses, and airfare.